Re: [SLUG-POL] Important, biased commentary--courtesy of me

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 00:51:22 EST

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 08:41:24PM -0800, sanity wrote:

<snip>

> > 3. ****** You __WILL__ wonder about some of the Constitutional
> >
> > Amendments, so I urge you to look at my analysis below! ******

I've never in my life seen a state where there is more tampering with
the _constitution_ than there is in Florida. I can only imagine it's the
way liberals get their agenda passed when they know the general public
wouldn't otherwise tolerate it, and the legislature certainly wouldn't.
It's the same thing they do by getting liberal judges to make law,
bypassing Congress. They know Congress won't go for this stuff, and the
general public won't either. But judges are nearly untouchable. Roe V
Wade, Brown V Board of Education et al were prime examples of Congress
unwilling to tackle difficult issues, and judges more than willing to
overstep their purview and make law.

Paul