Re: [SLUG] Domain & Free Host -- Linux Friendly

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 13:30:07 EDT

I have been looking at www.inic.cc Seems that few of the redirection
services recognize the .cc domain, at least none that I have found.

I'd love to use enic but don't you need something in between them and
your box? enic provides the domain name and the IP for universal
Internet recognition and forwards to your box? Nothing more needed?

What about E-mail? Would I have access to edoc@####.cc and the
like or is that an additional charge? (looks that way on their site)

We can only get 56k service here due to telco limitations, but then speed
wouldn't be critical in the near term. I suppose I'd have to upgrade to an
unlimited access static IP connection ... more pesos out the door.

Hmmm .... Thanks! Doc