Re: [SLUG] downloads

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 14:45:54 EDT

Mikes work account wrote:

> I have just started ( or attempted) to download rpm's using my linux box
> and Netscape. What I get however is the code scrolling down the screen and
> nothing else....Why am I getting the code scrolling down the screen?? Is
> there a setting I have to set to get the rpm's to download correctly??
> I use RH either 6.1 or 7.1.
>
> Michael C. Rock

Unfortunatelly Netscape (4.x) doesn't seem to recongize .rpm files as
things you download, so instead it just tries to read the binary (that's
why you get all the funny symbols, - it tries to read off the codes as
ascii). You can only download .rpms by right clicking on the link (or
shift+left-click) and choosing "save link as". Are you using netscape
4.x or netscape 6/6.01?

Norb