[SLUG] NON- ROOT ip configurations..

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 10:15:12 EDT

Good Morning !

   I was curious if someone would tell me if there is
a way to set up an IP configuration as NON ROOT.. FOr
instance if an employee who was not very technically
inclined was sent to a client site and wanted to get
set up on their network for mail etc. IN the
Win-Blows system that would be accomplished through
the TCP/IP Ethernet adapter. In Red Hat.. I could
not access the Linuxconf unless you are ROOT. ergo my
question..

Thanks..

Mark