Re: [SLUG] Wordperfect 2k

From: Bill Preece (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 07:41:52 EDT

>> Jason Pratt wrote <<

>> Anyone out there running Corel's Wordperfect 2k for Linux? Have you been
>> able to get it to install on a Mandrake 8 distro? I'm having a problem
>> setting the ./setup to run. Basically it doesn't. :(

It will install but you need the following.

>Corel has a fix for just this on there web site:
>IMPORTANT UPDATE: Running WordPerfect Office 2000 for Linux on
> Various Linux Distributions-Updated Script Now
>Available!
> Having trouble running WordPerfect Office 2000
>for Linux with your distribution of choice? Click here to see if our
>downloadable install Script can help.
>
>http://linux.corel.com/support/script.htm

The only way it will install is with the patch.
Also after running the patch you get it installed then
don't panic if you see it under your applications menu then it disappear.

I have run into this problem.
Perhaps you want to check the FAQ's and news group as well.

Check Linux.Corel.com you do not need to type in http://www etc.

Good Luck.

Bill Preece