Re: [SLUG] image conversion question

From: VT (vt1@gte.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 20:37:11 EDT

At 09:25 AM 6/18/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi:
>
> > How would one convert a scanned image into a jpeg?
> > Is there a utility to do this?
> > Smitty
>
> I love ImageMajic for file type conversion.
> (and much manipulation)
>Came with Slackwere & they have it at Tucows.
>
> 73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
> Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

ImageMagick also came with Mandrake 8.0. I also use the Win32
version in a scripted system and that also works rather well,
especially if your are doing the same thing (size reduce, image conversion,
watermarks/overlays) to multiple images at once. The documentation
is quite extensive because the program is so versitile.

VT