Re: [SLUG] ms brag implodes!

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 09:21:12 EDT

Sure don't want to copy the dishonest attack and marketing efforts
of M$ ... but ...

IF we can show that this (or any other significant failure) was evidence of
the know M$ flaws ... despite their efforts to divert attention from M$ by
blaming a low-level employee and notwithstanding the inherent likelihood
that if this wasn't a M$ failure one is not long in coming, ... then we
need to make sure M$ receives maximum attention.

Consider this, if this were a Linux-based (or any other non-M$) system
we all know that M$ would assure maximum negative coverage.

If we do not keep them on the defensive and partially neutralize their
billion dollar "we are the best" media campaign then M$ will have a
free pathway to obliterate their competition.

When the opportunity presents it is fair and good strategy to assure
that the business and private sector see all of the warts of the over-
promised under-delivered M$ product line.

IMHO ...

Meanwhile, back to setting up Linux on the laptops.

Doc