Re: [SLUG] Newbie -- Progeny-Debian DialUp Setup?

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 08:18:09 EDT

Hmmm... so I guess you did your install from CD's? That would mean there must
an install program for you to install additional software. Since Progeny is
based on Debian, you should be to just "apt-get install pppconfig"...on the
other hand, if they've done some tweaking, then I'm sure they've got
utilities to help you use your modem or install software to help you use your
modem. I know in KDE there's kppp...what's the gnome equivalent? How did you
do with minicom? (just issue the command "minicom" from a terminal window)

You should also be able to get modconf installed the same way as I showed for
the pppconfig above. Again, here I'm sure that Progeny has a tool for
installing kernel modules, or if not, roll your own! :-)

HTH

Russell