[SLUG] Stop the music.

From: Bill Ehlert (Ehlerts@SoftHome.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 09:19:33 EDT

Ron,

Thank you. Stopping the playing MP3 with a command line 'killall mpg123 '
works, but is not so easy for non-techies like the wife. She's into GUI.

I'm still looking for a way to find the GUI player, if there is one, and
killing that without resorting to command line. The MP3 was started from GUI
and there should be a way to stop or control it via GUI. This may be a bug
or oversight in the GNOME or Ximian desktop.

Is there anyone on this list using Red Hat GNOME or Ximian that knows how to
locate and control the MP3 player launched from gmc or nautilus via GUI?

Bill

From: "Ron KA4INM Youvan" <ka4inm@qsl.net>

Hi Bill Ehlert Ehlerts@SoftHome.net:

> Finally, a Linux question. I'd like to ask if anyone out there knows how
> stop an MP3 sound file from playing once started from Red Hat 7.1 GNOME
gmc.
> I double click the MP3 file name and it plays, but I don't see the player
or
> controls to stop the music. Any suggestions?

I use `killall mpg123' Please understand:
I have a symbolic link for everything that I could possible
type backward, so anyway I do it, it works, so it could actually
be: `killall 123mpg'

         73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm