Re: [SLUG] Need some help

From: \ (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 15:43:25 EDT

> Is there a way we can re run the mandrake setup as a upgrade option and let
> it
> reinstall so that we do not loose any data or are we basically SOL!

Don't need to do that. If you have the standard Mandrake Root/Swap/Home
partition scheme, do a fresh install BUT!!!....

When you come to the partition page, select "use existing paritions,"
then make sure there is a gold star (selected) next to *only* the /root
partition and *not* one next to the /home partition.

This will preserve your data and settings except for any code you have
manually entered anywhere other than /home/*.*

- Robin