Re: [SLUG] Burning CD with Redhat 7.1 Kernal 2.4.3-12

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 19:29:06 EDT

Hi all:

  Being a non-Red Hat user I am unfamiliar with all versions
of RH, please tell us all, what LINUX kennels are suspected of
being unable to burn a CDR on a modest speed drive?

  I assume this problem exists at 1X, if this is so,
it can't be a buffer fill problem?
I have had no problem burning CDR's with DOS 6.22 and
kernel 2.2.16.

  How could winblows and Golden hawk send any different
commands to the drive than those that cdrecord send?

  My understanding is that the buffer in the drive is not
the buffer that must be filled before cdrecord waits to be
filled.

> > > I have reached the conclusion that RedHat linux since 6.4

> > Where did you get such a version 6.4?

> Sorry guess it was 6.2 :)

> > > He said it was a Kernal problem but I have not idea how to
> > > submit a problem to the Linux kernal group.

> > I wouldn't be surprised if a standard command that Linux uses is now
> > failing, whereas the Windows software just talks directly and
> > proprietary to the drive.

> That's why I'm suspecting something in the kernal has changed.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm