Re: [SLUG] KOffice, was: StarOffice strangeness....

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 23:19:09 EST

> The latest release of KOffice has me pleasantly
> surprised. I just installed SuSE 7.3 Personal, and
> have been using KOffice, Konqueror, etc. with no
> problems. Previously I was running Mandrake 7.2, and
> never bothered with any K programs because they were
> just too "Krashy" "Klutzy" and "Konfounded Slow" for
> me. IMO the KDE development team has done a great job
> with the new releases.
>
> -Tina

Well I have to admit you are one up on me. I installed it on my second HD but
then lost the complete installation and had to start over.

Of the parts that I did get to inspect I have two thoughts.
First don't update before you get the system operational. For me that means
figuring out what I want to do about network.
Second it will be great when it is operational. Gnome Office should be even
better but that is way in the future, not now.

Frank