Re: [SLUG] FreeBSD vs. Linux

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 09:26:45 EST

Justin Keyes wrote:

> I see. Thanks for the explanation. Out of curiosity, why would you ever want to have a win95 or
> win Me box (or even win 98se) when you have 98se and 2000?

Video games and programs that are not supported under Win2k, even if it
is using FAT32 as opposed to NTFS (I know that there are a number of
music programs that just WILL not run with NTFS and will MAYBE be able
to work - somewhat - on Win2k, where as in with 95/98/98se/Me/You/them,
it'll install without a hitch). Wish I could explain more on the
differences, but I use windows about as often as we get to see Haley's
comet. As for 98se vs. Win("lose or draw")ME - people think they need
it. (paraphrasing the cheese commercials) Ahhh, behold the power of the
marketing department...

Oh yea, and you might just have a system so low on resources that your
only option is to install 95 (or you just haven't bothered to upgrade).
to get any sort of good performance. I saw a system one time with 24
megs of RAM, with a pentium 120mhz running Win2k. Now that was a scary
sight...

Norb