[SLUG] TuboTax Alternatives

From: Tim Wright (t.wright1@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 20:18:38 EST

Just got my annual snail mail sales pitch for this year's TurboTax. It's also
the reason why I haven't yet bulldozed my Windows NT partitions into digital
oblivion. I still need Bill Gates' Defective Operating System to do my 1040.

Is there an equivalent or similar tax software package for UNIX/Linux? It
need not be GPL, and I have no problem paying for commercial software as long
as it has good value. I can get TurboTax for $29.95, postpaid, and that seems
fair.