Re: [SLUG] 5th of a dozen questions - Solved

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 02:30:53 EST

 Hello sluggers,

I am sure that all of the sluggers have been following the unfolding
drama re: "5th of a dozen questions scsi-emulation" as the pages
unfolded here over the past week. Welllll.....I am feeling pretty
dumb right about now.

No, seriously, I wish to thank all of the kind and helpful folks who
attempted to help me with this problem. This is a great list and I
appreciate your efforts as I am sure most on this list do.

Now, I suppose I have to confess as to what the problem was:
Really dumb mistake. I have two kernels in my lilo. I put the append
line hdc=ide-scsi in the wrong place!!!!!

Anyway, after causing myself and others a lot of extra work it is
finally working. I am embarrassed but happy now. Maybe this exchange
will help others in the future to not do the same dumb thing.

Bob S.

PS Stay tuned for the 6th of this series in the not too distant
future. :<)