[SLUG] rsync

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 14:03:20 EST

I have tried every possible combination of options for rsync and still am
not able to transfer owner and group to the new location.

The files and directories move and they do that correctly as far as size is
concerned.

>From out of nowhere I get a user on the system as the new owner of one of
the transferred directories and all of the files in that directory. No
where does this person have any permissions or ownerships, not the files or
rsync or the conf file,,, nothing.

Could this be pre holiday stress manisfesting it self??

Does anyone have any clues as to what I need to do to maintain the owner and
group for the transferred files?

Michael C. Rock