Re: [SLUG] GIMP help, please. 6k Graphic attached.

From: Logan (logan1304@home.net)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 07:05:54 EST

Under "Dialogs" choose "Layers, Channels and Paths." Insert a new layer
on top of your button and experiment. Remember you can always ^z an
error to undo it. After you are finished with your changes, right click
on the image, select "Layers" then "Flatten Image" then save the image.
Conversely, if you don't like the changes you made, you can delete the
layer and begin anew. To make sure you use the same color white on the
image, you can use the eye dropper to suck the color off the picture. I
hope this is a good start.

I use the GIMP a great deal and the best piece of advice I can give is
to actually purchase a GIMP manual. I bought a handy GIMP manual at
Barnes and Noble for $20. Its not an O'Reilly book, but it is full of
pictures and examples. Unfortunately, its in the office and I do not
remember the author's name. I will post it later on today.

Logan

--
6:50am up 1 day, 8:45, 0 users, load average: 0.07, 0.59, 0.84
Better dead than mellow.