Re: [SLUG] MS Threatens to Pull Windows From Market?!

From: Bpreece (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 23:13:17 EST

>What an dramatic and definitive proof of Microsoft's choke-hold on
>personal computing!
>
>If a monopoly has grown to such extent that it can intimidate our
>justice system by merely threatening to withhold a product, then it has
>become a threat to our way of life. It's time for the Second American
>Revolution.

Ok so what if they withhold the Windows Operating System? There is always a
few things that they will pull.

With Microsoft's new licensing you notice the products all say they support
.Net so then it they would simply
do something to the effect of renaming Windows to .NetOs They will harp that
this is all new technology which is
doing nothing more then making the Os integrated with the Office products
with this to say it is a ASP type of package.

The Os will be so far embedded as they do with everything else. You will
then have to upgrade the Licenses as they just
pushed for Office XP and Windows XP!

They remind me of a line from the John Carpenter's movie They Live!

The golden rule he who has the Gold makes the rule!