[SLUG] A call to all SLUG members interested in "The School Project"

From: David Meyer (david@crbtechnologies.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 18:11:36 EDT

Fellow Geeks,

The time has come to get serious about this school project. I have been asked
to present my case to the school on Thursday morning for this. I will be
recommending 30 PC's, 2 servers, and a 48 port switch. I would VERY much
like to run Linux on EVERYTHING, and use wine or something free like that to
get certain Windows programs running.

As I know at least one person is in the same business as I am I'd like to say
that I am only making money from the hardware. All labor is donated. But
this could be a HUGE plug for the LUG, and for Linux as a whole if we can
pull this off.

I would like to see if we can all meet at my home this Saturday at 2:00PM (for
whoever is interested) to discuss this. I am watching my three kids this
weekend (my wife is going to New York for the weekend) so I'll have free run
of the house. We can talk about what we need as far as distros, etc.

Please let me know if that would be possible with any of you. I will send you
my address and directions (we live in Valrico) and I'll provide food and
drinks for those who come. You can also jump in the pool if you want.

Let me know ASAP!

Thanks,

Dave

David R. Meyer
President
CRB Technologies, Inc.
813.651.4933 (ph)
813.389.4529 (mobile)
dmeyer@crbtechnologies.com
Custom Data Solutions Powered by SuSE Linux
http://www.crbtechnologies.com