Re: [SLUG] need a little help

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 23:28:34 EDT

try sane-find-scanner to see what if any scanners you have on the system.

also, you can look at /proc/scsi to see if anything is listed.
when you are in Mandrake and the scanner is recognized, look at the
modules with /sbin/lsmod
and also check /proc/scsi to see what is recognized
Try loading any scsi module that mandrake loaded when suse is run with
 modprobe modulename.

You also may want to try loading the knoppix live CD to see if it picks
up the hardware and then take a look at the settings it uses if things
are picked up.

I use an Acer 620 USB scanner with xsane in Debian and I think it works
pretty well.

scott