Re: [SLUG] Monitor Colors

From: John D. (jdii1215@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 21:36:20 EDT

Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:

> Thanks for the help.
>
> As I have this problem with 2 different operating systems both on hard drive
> locaded in swapable drawers and with several vidio cards and since the mother
> board appears to be running correctly on this box (I am connected to slug on
> it.) then what this is telling me is that when I installed the new power
> supply that I did not set it up correctly and that I do not have the voltages
> set correctly.
>
> Thanks I wasn't certain that voltage levels would cause this.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Modern monitors can have multiple "kelvin temperature" settigns that
control color, also, so if you have a monitor with an osd control, try
looking for a temperature selection. I also found one time, a monitor
had the "blue" color pin in the connector bent FLAT. 99% sure it is
hardware, though, adn a power undervoltage to the video card could cause
this and a card wanting much more power than the motherboard is
hardwired for WILL damage a board over weeks at a time-- the low-voltage
stepdown circuitry will first overheat, then choke, then go out of
control before and the result could be damage you would not like to fix.

PS: This was written last night, as Comcast dumped its service from
Sarasota south c lear into Naples (according to national support, they
looked it up for me and said the whole node was out, with reports from
Naples to Sarasota) for about 4.5 hours. I just checked my unsent
composes and am going to post this late rather than never.

John.

John.