Re: [SLUG] Star Office and Open Office

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 22:57:32 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Roberts - SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net>
To: slug@nks.net <slug@nks.net>; Bill <bill@organic-earth.com>
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2002 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Star Office and Open Office

>Open Office is great if you only use it in your box and you do not have to
>send files to and receive files from a MS box.
>
>If you have to interact with an MS box then you should strongly consider
>acquiring Star Office as Open Office's translator for MS Office does not
>function correctly most of the time.
>
>Frank

Sorry to say but Open Office works fine for me interacting with less
problems then Star Office
I interact all the time with it. In fact my Resume was created with it and I
send it to many people and they say looks great!
No Font or Justification problems.

Also one of my friends where I use to work Runs it in a Total Microsoft
Enviroment no problem He gets over 175 Files each day from
sales offices only Using MS Office 2000. He is trying to get them to switch.
This is after 4 months of testing.

Just thought I would mention it.

I say try for your self and which ever works best go with it. Easy way to
find out.

Bill Preece