Re: [SLUG] Problems with RPM database

From: Matthew Moen (mattlists@younicks.org)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 18:21:21 EDT

Ah! Welcome to rpm hell! Not nearly so bad as screwed up Windows
registry hell, and I'm sure much better then attempting to do any sort
of audio editing on the upcoming "DRM enhanced" MS Windows, but still not
necessarily fun.

Which rpm's are you having trouble with? The actual output rpm is
giving you with your failed attempts may help. Additionally executing
the following:

rpm -qa | gzip -9 > rpm-qalisting.gz

and attaching the resulting rpm-qalisting.gz to your message would help
shed some light on the problem.

Thus spake Mark Saunders on the 01 day of the 10 month in the year 2002:

--
Matthew Moen

Debating unix flavors in the context of anything Microsoft is like talking about which ice cream flavor tastes least like sawdust with turpentine sauce.