Re: [SLUG] Microtel 800 Mhz Lindows Box for $200 - No Monitor

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 19:39:54 EST

Hi Robin

Getting Linux preinstalled was not an option I was considering when I posted
the notice; I was thinking more along the line that geese I can't even buy
the component parts at an on line computer shop for this price.

But! you raise a valid point.

If one can buy a complete computer for $200 or $250 with Mandrake preinstalled
and set up while it cost $159 for a professional RH box set or $39 for an
individual box set plus the equipment cost then it would appear that there is
significant price discrepancy in what one can buy components equipment and
OSs for and assembled hard ware with the OS preinstalled for.

What are your thought on this.

Thanks
Frank