[SLUG] Running Knoppix Linux

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 08:27:22 EST

I've been playing around with Knoppix Linux and I like the latest
release. The earlier release couldn't find my wifes tulip Ethernet card
the 3.1 version dated 23-10-2002 can.

However I'm having some display problems in X mode and was going to try
passing the Horz and Vert refresh rates to Knoppix when I start it. But
I can not find in Windows what the Horz and Vert refresh rate is. I know
before Windows 98 and the dumbing down of Windows to protect the
foolish. You could find the refresh rates. Does anyone know where/how to
do this in Windows 98? I've looked in all the normal places. control
panel->monitor->advanced->details. I've even searched the registary but
all I can find there is -1 and 0 which I think means optimal and
default. What ever those are. Are there any utilities that can give me
this info?

Thanks
Mike M.