Re: [SLUG] Backup

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 10:50:07 EST

You really want to use rsync.

        backup$ export RSYNC_RSH="/usr/bin/ssh -c blowfish"
        backup$ cd /backupdir
        backup$ rsync -Saxv --delete root@source:/sourcedir/ /backupdir/

This will make a perfect mirror of the files in source:/sourcedir in the
directory /backupdir on the backup server, all over ssh.

- Ian

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)