Re: [SLUG] A beginners question - attend a meeting

From: Patrick Grantham \(at work\) (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 14:54:34 EST

If you have not been to a meeting yet. I think most would agree to
encourage you to attend one. Many questions can be quickly answered. In
addition, you will likely see hardware at the meetings and can witness
firsthand demos on many topics of intrest.

Nearly three years ago attending a meeting at the bradenton public library
was invaluable to me. I wish I knew the fella who help me with samba. He
may not know the extent of the positive influence he had. His help give me
direction to learn what to read and what quetions to ask. There is a
catholic church and a day care center in orlando running Linux with samba,
thanks to him and the SLUG. Partially because of him and the list I am a
SUSE advocate. I tell you this because this group is a valuable resource,
despite the often curt sense of humor. I regret offending you. Please hang
around a while.

--Patrick

PS
just last week I was lampooned for seemingly innocent typo from Mr. Derek
"Funnyman" and comedien Sanity:
*********