Re: [SLUG] Think Pad Modem

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 13:54:07 EST

> I have a 390e (300MHz P2M - 256MB RAM) that also has the ever so
> wonderful Lucent Winmodem. From sites I have found around the net
> (www.linux-laptop.net & www.linmodems.org) say it can be done, I have
> yet to get it working.

I have a compaq presario 1247 laptop, with a lucent winmodem, and I got it working using the drivers at http://www.heby.de/ltmodem (linked at linmodems.org). I'm not sure which modem the thinkpad 390e has, but it seems to be from the same time period as my laptop, so I'd bet they share a chipset.

Levi