[SLUG] Question about X and stability

From: Matt (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 15:58:58 EST

I have a Thinkpad 390e (PII 300MHz - 256MB) and for the most part SuSE
runs absolutely wonderful. I think since the install I have rebooted 4
times as stability and performance has also been just as pleasing but I
get minor glitches in X about every 7 days or so, requiring me to
restart X. In Windows (9X or XP) I would need to reboot about every 48
hours as with Linux my last reboot was 22 days ago. I have checked load,
processes, heat - everything is normal for my laptop. Is restarting X
normal or should I shut down / reboot the machine more often?

--
Matt <matthew@textbox.net>
Textbox Networks