Re: [SLUG] scans

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 16:10:45 EST

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 15:32, jeff wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed an increase in port scans in the last few
> hours? I am getting around 40 hits an hour, almost all of them on 137.
> Is there a new worm making the rounds or what?

It's just the netbios name-service -- pretty normal on a public "LAN"
like RR. Could be just a result of the average joe without any type of
firewall protecting their Windows boxes.

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly.