Re: [SLUG] 52X CD RW drive @ TCWO

From: Ken Billings (lists@coffeehouseltd.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 08:10:56 EST

> I just wanted to tell everyone of my recent experience with a CD drive
> that I purchased @ TCWO. I bought the 71 dollar lite on drive (came out
> to 78 with tax) and let me just say that it was worth every stinking
> penny. I have not made one coaster yet since the upgrade and it supports
> 80+ minute overburns @ 52X with nearly any crappy piece of media that I
> throw at it. Absolutely flawless!

My experience with Lite On has been similar. For you impulse buyers out
there, Buslink sells rebranded Lite On drives at regular retail outfits
like BestBuy. I picked one up over christmas for a friend of mine at a
similar price to TCWO.
On this same thread - I've been looking for a good website that maintains
a database of retail brands and the actual OEM maker of the
drive/monitor/motherboard/etc. So far I haven't found one worthwhile.
Anything like this exist?

-Ken