Re: [SLUG] Samba madness

From: Joe Burnsworth (jburnsworth@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 13:10:05 EST

I am running netbios over TCP/IP, just peer to peer.. at home.

1 windoze 98 machine
1 windows 2000 pro machine
1 linux workstation w/samaba 2.2.4
1 linux server w/samba 2.2.0a (I know it is old, but if it ain't broke,
yada yada)

The linux server is the master browser and the wins server for this small
network.. I had the same problems, until I set the os level and made the
server be the wins server for the network.

By the way I did not use the registry keys to make the windows 2000
machine use clear text, I just don't believe in clear text. :)

Here is the global section of my smb.conf, it may not tell you anything
you already know.. but you never can tell.

[global]
workgroup = HOME_NET
server string = Samba Server
hosts allow = 192.168.1. 127.
load printers = no
guest account = smbguest
log file = /var/log/samba.%m
max log size = 50
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
ssl CA certDir = /etc/ssl/certs
interfaces = 192.168.1.5/24
local master = yes
os level = 35
preferred master = yes
domain logons = no
wins support = yes
#wins server = w.x.y.z
wins proxy = no
dns proxy = no

Good luck,
Joe

  1:10pm up 5 days, 19:44, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00