Re: [SLUG] Wine/IE6

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 20:32:08 EST

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 18:12, Kenneth W Hansen wrote:
> I don't know much about the source code, other than
> knowing where to find it. I sent it to Kwan and Levi,
> since they responded first and obviously know what
> they're looking at. (Hope you 2 don't mind!).
> As for "fix[ing] the broken server that's pushing out
> non-compliant pages", that's not an option at this
> point. We lease server space for this application, and
> the company that owns it wrote and maintain the
> application. I don't see any changes being made to
> that in the near future.

The main problem with the code as far as rendering the page is concerned
is the usage of the "position:absolute" style marker. Without them, the
page renders legibly.

The VBScript is another matter. It doesn't seem to be much more than
code to draw windows and place text. There's some code that could
possibly pull a custom page depending on the connection. Not sure
though. My guess is that it's gratuitous use of VB.

There's likely a way to override the document style that would make the
page render properly as is. I'll look into it when I get a chance
tomorrow. Can you get more information on what the page does?