Re: [SLUG] open source web authoring

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 23:44:55 EDT

>I believe you might want to give Bluefish a whirl. If I recall from the
>informal Sarasota Lug meeting at Roblimo's http://roblimo.com/ house, he
>uses it extensively and he writes in HTML on a daily basis. Bluefish
>errata can be found at: http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html

Yes, I use Bluefish constantly, but both Bluefish and Quanta assume you
know HTML and/or CSS. They aren't WYSIWYG "automatic"
HTML/Javascript/CSS generators. My advice for a non-profit going online
would be to use a packaged content management system, possibly OpenCMS -
http://www.opencms.com - that may take a little work and skill to set up
and templatize, but requires no knowledge or special tools for people
who then add/change site content.

- Robin