RE: [SLUG] What 802.11 Card do you recommend?

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 15:57:59 EDT

Well due to the need to get something going on
short notice I found a web page that was very good
on how to get the LinkSys WPC11 v3 going on RH 8.
I purchased the LinkSys WPC11 v3, installed it and
followed the instructions at:

www.saragossa.net/LinuxG3/ls-wlan.shtml

and the device was up and running in just a few
minutes allowing me to cut the wire and walk off,
look, no wires!

There is one text file "hermes.conf" that you have
to create, and you have to load the modules but it
is no big deal. I did see a error message when I
shut down X saying that one of the files was older
than the present version, but I did not see any
improper behaviour.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com