Re: [SLUG] Moving from RR Cable to Verizon DSL = mucho easy

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 16:00:09 EDT

On Thursday 29 May 2003 08:45 am, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
> Josh Tiner wrote:
> >Just curious...but how did they think you were stealing cable services?
> >Did you wind up having to pay the triplified bill? Was it just out of
> >the blue?
>
> They said a system audit had determined that we had removed a filter
> (from the utility pole) and that we were receiving premium channels
> without paying for them. I ended up beating them back on the payment,
> but it was not easy. There was an assumption all the way up to the
> system manager for Manatee County that I was a thief. The rudeness was
> amazing. Cable TV companies consistently get the lowest customer
> satisfaction scores of all type of businesses. I can see why...
>
> - -Robin

Hi Robin

Several years ago I was living in Plantation where of course there was a cable
company which served the apartment complex.

After living in the complex for 5 years the cable company did a audit to see
who was connected.

Of course I was but I did not know it.

It seems that someone probable them had inadvertently connected my apartment.

The only problem was that I did not own a TV. I still do not.

This was of course unbelievable to them. I was simply stealing services to use
on a TV which I did not own.

Now that of course was not all of it. I also some times worked with and helped
my friend who was the maintenance manager.

 It seems that about a year before I moved in the complex installed cable.
Previously they had an antenna.

At the time of the incident the antenna still existed but the system was
chopped to pieces.

Bet you can't guess who was operating the wire cutters that chopped it to
pieces. I know. I watched.

Frank