[SLUG] Palm Linux Impressions

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 19:33:23 EDT

Well, I made my m100 the guinea pig for Linux on a Palm. If you're looking
for X Windows or a GUI, you'll be sorely disappointed. All it is doing is
making your Palm an EXTREMELY BASIC serial tty terminal. You get the
display by connecting your serial ports and using a terminal program to see
what your Palm is doing (there is NOTHING on the Palm's display itself;
stdout goes to the serial port). This is not something that will change
your Palm into a Linux device that you can carry around. It does work, but
I see no practical uses for it except to say that it can be done.

SWB