Re: [SLUG] It's the weekend and I can't get to the web site

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 17:40:26 EDT

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 05:48:53AM -0700, Michael Manchester wrote:

> can anyone else get or not get to the slug web site?
> http://www.suncoastlug.org

This is probably my fault. Russ noticed that all the content had
permissions set to 777, making it easily hackable. So he pushed all
content offline. He called me and I pushed up new content with 755
permissions.

My wife and I have about 22 websites we maintain, and we keep local
copies on a machine that sits between us. She accesses them from
Windows/Samba and I from Linux/NFS. Allowing mutual updating
capabilities to the local copies has been a permissions nightmare, and I
probably set perms to 777 locally just to make things easier.
Unfortunately, I never changed them back before uploading.

Sorry, folks. Fixed now.

Paul