Re: [SLUG] How do I find...Resolved

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 00:15:00 EST

On Saturday 25 October 2003 07:26, Kwan Lowe wrote:
> > I guess, because I have: gimp-1.3.19-SuSE.ulb.1
> > So it seems that Sane is looking for older packages than I have.
> >
> > So what to do. Evidently I upgraded Gimp before reinstalling Sane.
> > I guess that is what I get for trying to have the "latest &
> > greatest" Can I fool sane by renaming the files and then change
> > them back again?
>
> I'd first try rebuilding the source rpm against your newer gimp
> libraries. You'll need to install a few -devel packages first, then
> use rpmbuild to rebuild them. So:
> Install the gimp-devel libraries
> rpmbuild --rebuild sane-x.x.x-src.rpm

Thanks for the replies Sluggers,

I am kind of lazy so first I tried making the links. Didn't fool the
installer. Didn't want to go searching and building the .src
especially if it might not work. Also wasn't sure what that would do to
the rpm database at the next upgrade. Soooo... I took the coward's way
out, pinned Gimp, and did a downgraded "upgrade". Now sane has
installed. Did the same thing for the libwmf that ImageMagick wanted.

All is well again (I hope) in Linux-SuSEland. Thanks guys.

Bob S.