RE: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] Linux and 802.11g cards

From: Logan Tygart (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 18:32:44 EST

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 09:34, Steven Buehler wrote:
<snip>
> Why are people so eager and willing to compromise their systems with
> wireless technology?

Ok, I'll bite the troll. (The lad only wanted to know what works, not
your opinion.)

<insert blarney>

The reason I use wireless is due to the inordinate amount of tickets I
receive, when the trailer I pull behind my Explorer, spools out miles of
cat5 cable to enable me to use my laptop where ever I might roam. Plus,
I find the cat5 cable annoying, when I am sitting on the throne, playing
Nethack or Wesnoth.

When anyone connects to my network, they are immediately forwarded to
http://zombo.com so they can enjoy enlightenment. </blarney>

 If I welcome you to my network, you need an ton of gpg keys to go
anywhere within my personal net, otherwise, you may enjoy 50Mb of
bandwidth, before I choke you off (who knows who is just surfing the net
at the park or engaged in spamming?) Otherwise, your butterfly can take
you anywhere. What's that?!!? You've got mail!

Alright, I am playing Devil's advocate. I just found this thread
amusing.

The Logan

--
18:10:01 up 36 days, 12:41, 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.53, 0.81
They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin