Re: [SLUG] [OT] Gmail account

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 22:13:21 EDT

>How did you go about getting one? I've been wanting to get a gmail account...

Cliff (Ask Slashdot) gave me an invite. This is how Google is marketing
this service, kind of like orkuss and linked-out and all those social
networks. And it's working! Look how you guys are clamoring for gMail
accounts!

I wanted a gMail account mostly so I could lock up "roblimo" as I have
on virtually all major services.

Rob Malda didn't get cmdrtaco on gmail before someone else did... oh, well.

I doubt that I'll use this much. The only time I use Webmail, really, is
from places like trade show press rooms where I'm using borrowed
computers, and Yahoo mail is a lot better for that purpose than gMail
seems to be. Yahoo can check my roblimo.com server for me, and it looks
like gMail can't.

- Robin