Re: [SLUG] Embedded linux

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 20:49:46 EDT

I would recommend starting with emacs or vi if you are going to be doing
a lot of work with Linux. I recommend them based on the fact that there
are only a few commands to learn to do simple things to start and then
as you need more power it is there. Plus, there will probably be times
when you have to do work on some remote machine to fix or help someone
and you would most likely find those apps already installed and they
don't require the overhead of a gui. By using ssh and a console text
editor you can do a lot with very few resources. (IMHO)

Larry