[SLUG] Back up emails in Mozilla (MEPIS)

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 12:36:06 EDT

Hi Everybody!

I now have Simply MEPIS 2004.03 on CD downloaded for me by my ISP guy.
It boots and runs fine from the CD. I want to back up my Mozilla emails
before I upgrade onto the hard drive and I can't seem to do that.

There are thousands of saved emails in some 28 named folders in Mozilla
in my current MEPIS (RC 4) setup but I can't see them at all in the K3b
window. I clicked everything that did show up, they aren't showing in
that K3b window, no matter how far I drill down. Where are they? They
are *not* in mail - where they *might* be expected. I don't see them in
Mozilla or Mozilla extensions either, root, etc, checked everything.
They have to be somewhere.

When I upgraded to RC 4 from the old Beta I just went ahead with the
upgrade without backing up, but now I have months of emails representing
a lot of saved correspondence. I have to back this up somehow first.

I am assuming that this 2004.03 MEPIS will support LPT1 printers and
sound . . . It finds my new D-link DWL-G650 AirPlus card as it boots, no
hot spots around here, though.

Regards,

Pete