[SLUG] unix virus

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 11:21:22 EST

UNIX virus

YOU HAVE NOW RECEIVED THE UNIX VIRUS

This virus works on the honor system:

If you're running a variant of unix or linux, please forward this message
to everyone you know and delete a bunch of your files at random.

--

But seriously, folks: I don't recall this appearing in any list emails, but it's possible I'm being unknowingly redundant. In any case, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of, heard about, used, or otherwise has comments on ClamAV for Unix.

http://www.clamav.net/

Yes, there is a Windows variant available. I'd be interested in hearing about experiences with that, as well. I'm going to test this on a Win2k system in the near future as a possible AV solution to recommend to clients on Windows systems. That's sort of tangential to my actual purpose in emailing the list about ClamAV, though.

-- Chad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.