[SLUG] Re: [LeapList] Problems with Fedora Core 3

From: Vernon Singleton (vsingleton@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 22:54:39 EST

On Monday 06 December 2004 09:05 pm, Vernon Singleton wrote:
> I'm missing the little systray/applet/tasklist thingy that shows all of my
> open applications ... so i cannot see my minimized applications, HELP!
> What is that systray thing called under gnome? And what start script
> normally launches that under FC3?

As usual I figured out the answer to my own problem (which someone else
already did all the work to solve) ... the systray/applet/tasklist thingy
under FC3's gnome is one of two applets one of which is called "wnck-applet"
from the command line, but after right clicking in the panel and selecting
"Add to Panel" and scrolling all the way to the bottom you'll find two
applets which are called "Window list" and "Window Selector", either of which
can help you to recover minimized apps if you could not before.

I have no idea why one of them was not on by default for me after installing
gnome, but there you have it ... i still have the nvidia problem, though, any
ideas?

P.S. Thanks Tevfik, i just saw your post ... after typing this up :-)