Re: [SLUG] RE: List Chaos.

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 12:33:40 EST

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 10:44 am, mark@bish.net wrote:
> Fedora Sucks.

Well I can see why some people feel that way. I have certainly had my feelings
about it. I started using RH back on V1.1 and have switched away from them a
number of times.

Sometimes I did it because I wanted a pre-configured and more "fun" looking
desktop. Or not have to deal with the "tight" choice of s/w they pick. But in
the end I always find other things with other distro's that I like less and
find myself back w RH.

After having messed with poorly tested Mandrake I'm yet again back to RH, or
in this case FC3. I too find myself more at home with RH/FC and I find that
they usually have a stronger and better quality control than the others.
Which would not be too odd since they probably have more staff than any of
the other. (We'll see how Novell does w SuSE. It's definitely a strong
distro.)

For servers I've almost exclusively found RH to be my choice.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.