Re: [SLUG] Bash script

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 21:27:03 EDT

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Bob Stia wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 May 2005 08:40, sean@hogston.com wrote:
> > >
> > ok I have one last thing to try and then i'm out of suggestions. for
> > the convert line change it to be /usr/bin/convert instead of just
> > convert. I suggest this only because it is using /bin/sh and MAYBE
> > when the script is running it does not find the convert command. I
> > have noticed this in some of my scripts so I usually make it a habbit
> > to either put the full path to the command or set it as a variable.
>
> OK, added /usr/bin/ in front of the convert line. Didn't help. Still
> the same errors. Thanks for trying to help. If you can think of
> anything else I am all ears.

Put "set -x"/"set +x" above and below the call to "convert" to see what it's
_really_ calling, how it's being called, and when the errors occur. Then,
adjust your response depending on what it says. If it were not able to find
"convert" (which adding "/usr/bin/" would fix) then the error would be
something about "command not found".

--

And we never failed to fail / It was the easiest thing to do -- CSN