Re: [SLUG] lost and confused

From: Mike Branda (realraccoon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 22:09:22 EDT

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 21:33 -0400, Logan Tygart wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 21:28 -0400, Mike Branda wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 20:52 -0400, Logan Tygart wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 19:50 -0400, botteman wrote:
> > > <snip>
> <snip>
> > or add a few wildcards as my mozilla 1.7.11 has decided to have it's own
> > sub lib dir... and of course the ones in the home dir... and then the
> > ignore case for the dumb intercaps in MozillaFirefox.
> <snip huge volume of output>
>
> Which is why I gave precise instruction. Too much output can confuse
> the Linux novice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Logan

Yes... but your precise instruction would have only returned the user
path on my system due to the lib dir. If I wanted to follow directions
to add a plugin system wide, your advice would still have left me and my
system with no answer. Even a novice needs to know some things. A wild
card and a flag to ignore case are hardly "too advanced" for a beginner
to understand. These 2 very simple things could help him find his
specific dir. In fact such things are frequently needed in linux as
stuff really is all over the place and most commands accept these
options in one way or another. I apologize about my long winded shell
output. I'm sure we'll go over our band width limit as a result with
all the excessive traffic we've had this week.

Cheers indeed.

Mike