Re: [SLUG] qemu

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 01:09:25 EST

Mark Banschbach, SFO wrote:

>I would stick in here a plug for my favorite flavor of
>live CD/Linux which would be Damn Small Linux.. It
>does not take 20 minutes to load even on what people
>consider old machines..
>in the P-200 ranges. Its a 50 Meg CD and a 300 meg HD
>install that takes all of about 10 minutes from boot
>to final HD install if you want to do that.. Burn one
>off and try it out..
>
>Peace,
>
>Mark
>
>--- John Brown <photo.man@knology.net> wrote:

    You are right, DSL is freakin' cool! I've been playing with that
for some time now. It's amazing how it's so capable and yet it will run
fairly fast on a dinosaur of a machine! When I got started on Linux, I
started with Knoppix, but I kind of wonder how things would have been
different had I started with DSL...
    Another thing that I think would generate bragging points with all
of my friends is if I had DSL running inside of XP inside of Debian!
Talk about dream within a dream! The possibilities are endless. Even
looking at one distro, you've got the spritely DSL and then the
gargantuan Knoppix 4.0dvd within the bounds of Debian as far as live's
are concerned! How could anyone get that kind of diversity in the WinWorld?

--Michael

p.s. If the next M$ OS isn't going to be Singularity, I bet they'll
call it Crash.
       The new web browser will be called Infect.
       Thw new office suite? Microsoft Slow.