Re: [SLUG] networking

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter30@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 14:19:34 EST

As I have read the other messages, I guess that I have made a too general question. So, let me
rephase the question. What would be a good common practice way to network two computers. I will
need to be able to transfer files back and forth, but not use each other system. In the future, I
am going to make a linux router with a firewall and maybe a content filter. I would guess that
telneting and fpt would work, but I would like a second way of doing it. I don't need to do ssh
and security stuff right now, I am starting at the bottom and going to work my way up. It is
better for me that I start small and then add things in later. When I am studding for
certifications, it is way too much info overload, and I am doing that now.

William